Interview: Vann Music










Interview: Vann Music



1. Who are you?

I'm Rob von Bergen and I am the drummer in Vann Music!

2. Where are you based?

I am based in South Dublin but originally from Wexford.

3. What achievements do you want me to know about?

Well most recently, we hit the dizzy heights of number 2 in the iTunes album charts with our brand spanking new EP 'Running'. The only thing that got in our way was the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack, which is also spanking new.....

4. What are you up to now?

Right now myself and the band are gearing up for a nationwide tour. We're looking forward to hitting the road and playing some great venues all around the country. You can check out the full list of dates at http://www.vannmusic.com/shows

5. What is the best song ever written?

Wow, that is a toughie. Growing up, I can remember listening to Queens Bohemian Rhapsody continuously on my walkman thinking this is the best thing I've ever heard. Operatic sections, ballad sections...hard rock sections, the epicness of it all! So I guess that is the logical choice. Although there is a few honorable mentions such as the latest offerings of Mattress Mick. You can check it out here!

BACK WITH A BANG The Mattress Song





6. What's the best album ever made?

Again, going back to my childhood, I remember watching Michael Jackson in the video for Bad, trying to replicate all his moves (I still try the odd time after a few beers). When I finally saved up enough to buy the album, it didn't disappoint. It had 7 top 10 hits, a record that wasn't beaten until recently by Calvin Harris. It's an album I could listen to from start to finish, over and over.

7. What are your future plans?

The plan is to continue playing music until the world decides otherwise. It's been an amazing journey so far with the lads in Vann Music and long may it continue!

8. Where can I spend money on you or your product?

You can head over to iTunes and pre-order our new EP 'Running' which is being released this Friday the 6th of March. Our first EP 'Electro Shock Dreams' and also two singles 'Tina' and 'Gold & Silver' we released last year are also available. Other than that, you could also buy me a coffee any time and I'm also quite partial to a Boojum burrito.

9. Last question, ...... Make Us Laugh

This is a blooper video from one of my favourite TV shows 'Extras'. Listening to some of the things Patrick Stewart has to say in this scene, I don't know how Ricky Gervais was actually able to get through it. I dare anyone not to laugh!










Check out the brand new video from Vann Music for their single 'Boy'. It's an awesome video for a great song.

Comments