Interview: Stephen Robinson


We are delighted to get to know Stephen Robinson through this interview. He is the former frontman of The Laundry Shop and is also the founder of Dublin's Volt Rehearsal and Recording Studios.

1. Who are you?
I am Stephen Robinson a Dublin born and bred Singer Songwriter.

2. Where are you based?
I am based in Dublin City. Currently spend most of my time in Volt Studios where I am recording my debut  solo album. 

3.    What achievements do you want me to know about?
I spent 6 years in a band called the Laundry Shop who played an entirely different type of music, made 2 albums, worked with big U.S producers and eventually imploded.

4. What are you up to now?
I can be found randomlyin scenic spots around Dublin recording songs into my phone for youtube videos in the meantime.

5. Name something unique about you or/and your product?
What I find unique about what I am doing right now is that I am trying to cultivate the idea of "the song" being the only real important factor in  what I am trying to communicate. Thats why I started by stripping everything down to some shitty recordings on a phone done in one take with no other instrumentation or big production. That's my starting point right now. Everything grows from there.

6. What is the best song ever written?
The best song ever written. Wow what a hard question! Ok I got it. The best song ever written is is A day in the Life till the McCartney bit comes in.

7. What's the best album ever made?
The Best Album ever made? Now you are making it tough. It's not made yet. I'm hoping for a June release. No really, em. Astral Weeks by Van Morrison makes me cry every time I hear it if I have had some wine. That record was playing during a lot of happy times in my life so I will go with that one.





8. What are your future plans?
My future plans are to get this record done by June and get out and play some festivals and spread the music wide and far but for now I need some dinner, I'm starving.

9. Where can I spend money on you or your product?
My new website below (thanks to the wonderful crew at Box Collective) is a place to find out all information about me and download some music. Right now its free so if you want to spend money on me you can pay for my dinner.

10. Last one, ...... Make Us Laugh 
Since I am not in a band any more I really like drummer jokes.....how can you tell a stage is level?....The Drummer is drooling from both sides of his mouth!


www.stephenrobinsonmusic.com



Comments