Interview: Nev from Youth Mass



1. Who are you?

I'm Nev and I play guitar in the phenomenal Youth Mass!

2. Where are you based?

We're all from Trim in Co. Meath.Only me and Willy (Drummer) still live here though, the two Mullarkey brothers defected to Leixlip.

3. What achievements do you want me to know about?

I know every word to Paul's Boutique by The Beastie Boys. Playing memorable gigs like the Olympia and Electric Picnic would come a distant second to that.

4. What are you up to now?

I'm sitting at home having a cup of tea, evaluating the nuances of Danny Dyer's best performances on the silver screen.

5. Name something unique about you or/and your product?

While my main thing is being in Youth Mass, i also moonlight as the sexiest living man.

6. What is the best song ever written?

Lisa Loeb - Stay (I Missed You)



7. What's the best album ever made?

Tough question - I'd have to go with The Cure - Disintegration. Flawless. 

8. What are your future plans?

Well immediately, we're having a release party for our new single Tony Don't You Worry in the Twisted Pepper on Saturday November 22nd. The label we're with, Pickled Onion records, are hosting the night with the excellent Half of Me supporting and its free in. We've been on a tour of Ireland since October, so we'll be entering into the last leg of that then in December, finishing up in Whelans on 20th December.

In the long term, it would be to discover who it is, in this country, who is watching and supporting Mrs Brown's Boys.

9. Where can I spend money on you or your product

You can buy our debut album Morning Run | Evening Sun and our single on iTunes, Google Play or actually physical cd's off the album from our website www.thisisyouthmass.com


Comments