Throwback Thursday - Jeff Buckley's Lover, You Should've Come Over

Can't believe it's been 20 years since Grace was released. Donal Dineen and No Disko introduced me to Jeff's music and I bought 'Grace' on tape as soon as I could from Virgin Megastore on the Quays in Dublin. It's still my favourite album with my favourite tune being 'Lover, You Should've Come Over'.

Check out the original taken from Grace 1994:




There are hundred's of versions of this track online. A few were released such as this version from Natalie Maines which appeared on her 2013 album 'Mother':



Australian artist Matt Corby used to have 'Lover ...' in his set-list but probably dropped it to banish those Jeff Buckley comparisons. Still he did a great job of it ......




Oh .......... and then there was Jamie Cullum!



Go on now and take out your copy of Grace and give it a spin or better still .... hear Grace from start to finish live in Whelans on Saturday night:


Comments