Ruby Tuesday - Bobby Noonan

Ruby Tuesday is the feature where I blog about an artist new to my radar and this week it's the turn of Bobby Noonan.



"I really like you but you f***ing wreck my head!" Yep been there with that opinion! I usually think this about a member of my family! Anyway...

Bobby Noonan sent me his debut EP "I Broke It" for review and he told me to be brutally honest because I'm the first blogger/reviewer to shred his work to bits!

"I Broke It" contains four and a half charming atmospheric pop tunes. I say a half because the final tune "Lullaby" is sung very softly and would present the only negative about the EP. The other tracks are warm acoustic tunes not too far from the style of Elliot Smith or the new material from Ollie Cole. Bobby Noonan has that voice that demands attention when he sings. His lyrics are thoughtful; I especially love the imagery and cartoon references of "Little Red Hen". The EP on a whole is a great body of work showcasing the very impressive talent of Bobby Noonan.


http://www.myspace.com/bobbynoonansongs

I'm really not too sure how you go about buying the EP. Send Bobby a message on MySpace or go to one of the gigs below!

30 Jul 2009 20:00 Mulligans Irish Music Bar Amsterdam
27 Aug 2009 20:00 One Take Sessions Kilkenny, Kilkenny
6 Nov 2009 20:00 Crawdaddy Dublin, Dublin
2 Dec 2009 21:00 Brazils cafe bar Clonmel, Tipperary

Comments