Music News Round-up

Firstly there was an interesting debate about music reviews; in particular about the reviewing of Irish artists in the media over at

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/2009/07/28/why-writing-about-irish-bands-can-be-bad-for-your-health/

I kinda regret going to Ikea today and maybe I would have contributed to the debate. However I have read all 100 plus comments and the only opinion I have is that I am even more convinced that the future lies with finding music blogs you associate with. In this blog I write about bands I like. I ignore requests for reviews from artists I dont particularly like. I will not review an album here and say it's shit! I don't have any hidden agendas or allow my opinion be clouded by geography or associations.







The Band Wagon TV YouTube channel is looking great.

Here is Van Cleef recorded last weekend in the Phoneix Park.




Here is Joy Booth recorded in the Band Wagon a few weeks back!





The latest video on the site is Doris:










Sept 23rd sees Elder Roche release his album Nobody Knows after his single release of Diamond which lead to sold out shows in Dublin.

Catch Elder live on these dates:

31 Jul 2009 20:00 Cork X SW Fringe Festival Cork
9 Aug 2009 20:00 Upstairs in Whelans Dublin
11 Aug 2009 21:00 Ruby Sessions, Doyles Pub Dublin
15 Aug 2009 20:00 Conary Hall Wicklow
16 Aug 2009 20:00 Upstairs in Whelans Dublin
20 Aug 2009 21:00 Near FM Dublin
22 Aug 2009 15:00 Bruxelles, Philo Tribute Dublin
28 Aug 2009 21:00 McCarthys Bar, Dingle Kerry
2 Sep 2009 21:00 New Music Club Clonmel, Tipperary
17 Sep 2009 21:00 One Take Sessions Kilkenny





http://www.myspace.com/elderroche






This Friday I'll be in Drogheda for the Purple Sessions to catch Pearse McGloughlan, Paidi Toner, Nick Carswell, Herm, Anthony Furey & The Y. F.

http://www.myspace.com/last2leavemusic


Comments

Brian said…
Hey, we have played a few gigs with (and are good mates with with) Pearse McLoughlin and highly recommend his live performances, if anyone has time to go and check him out in the Purple Sessions you wont be disappointed!

Brian, Entheos.